NanoFabrication Kingston (NFK) is an open-access facility providing science and engineering researchers from academia, government, and industry with access to leading-edge equipment, methodologies, and expertise for designing and prototyping microsystems and nanotechnologies.
Up-to-date information on lab capabilities, fees, procedures, etc. can be found on our website.
- Class 1000 cleanroom space with laminar flow hood
- Electron beam lithography system/Scanning electron microscope (Raith Poineer)
- Laser micromachining system (Oxford Lasers Alpha Series)
- Maskless lithography system (IMP SF-100 Xpress)
- Photolithography mask aligner (NxQ 4006)
- Chemical printing system (SonoPlot GIX Microplotter)
- Physical vapour deposition – electron beam evaporator (Thermionics 3 kW Linear e-Gun)
- Physical vapour deposition – sputter (Lesker PVD 75)
- Reactive Ion Etching system (Trion Minilock III RIE)
Dr. Graham Gibson
NFK Lab Operations Manager